- 6.00pm to 10.00pm (approx.)
- Ideas in Icing studio – 38 Alicia Cct, Little Mountain, Sunshine Coast QLD 4551
The “Ganache and Fondant” class is ideal for students who are just starting out or for anyone who wishes to perfect their basic fondant skills. This class is also a good foundation for students who plan to attend more advanced ‘Ideas in Icing’ decorating classes as we don’t cover all of these fundamental skills in the advanced classes. The main aim is to create a clean, smooth cake iced in fondant with a modern ‘sharp edged’ look ready for decorating. In order to achieve this smooth finish, the underlying ganache layer is also very important and you will learn both steps in this class. During this class we will cover the following:
- Trim and prepare a cake for icing.
- Fill and cover a round cake with chocolate ganache creating a smooth finish ready for fondant.
- Colour fondant icing to your desired shade.
- Cover a round cake in fondant (sugarpaste) creating a smooth finish and sharp edges.
- Ice the board and finish with ribbon for a professional look
|Teacher:||Lorinda Rogers – Award winning cake artist with 15 years’ experience.|
|Included:||All of the equipment, cake and icing you will need. We also provide a light supper, tea and coffee.|
|Take Home:||Completed 20cm round cake|
|What to Bring:||Your favourite apron!|
Our classes are kept small (6 students maximum) to allow for personal attention for each student. If you wish to make a booking or you would like any additional information, please feel free to contact us.